Wednesday, February 4, 2009

we're all connected via connections connected with connecting material

The other day I was on youtube, I searched for something, and I found it, fucken amazing. Does this mean that the poster and I can be freinds in real life because we now have a connection? Maybe I should add them on myfuckingfacespace so they can go in the collection of other people that will give me bragging rights come time for a rare real life social interaction.
Fuck that, why have 200 "friends?" I fucking doubt you would speak (actually talk, not internet) to a fucking 5th of them, so it makes no sence. Yes I do have an account, never use it, nonetheless I do have one, I thought it could be used to chat to old mates and get together for a few beers, and that once did eventuate, but, out of all of the people on my "friends" list I wouldn't speak to more that 20 fucking people in actual life, for the sole reason that I don't want to fucking talk to some stupid fucks from my school 10 years ago. 
Here's why you shouldn't either, (unless you enjoy this mundane shit, if you do, you need to be killed)
this is the average convo with long time no see acquaintances.
me: hey
them: hey
them: whats been goin on?
me: work, you know, bout you?
them: yeah me to! what do you do?
me: graphics
them: wow, you must love that, it sounds awesome
me: no, it's shit
them: oh well, it has been a long time though, too long
me: hmm
them: we should catch up for a beer soon
me: (why, so we can have this fucking steller conversation again) ok
them: cool, well take it easy, my numbers still the same, so give me a buzz when you wanna hang out.
me: yeah alright.
copypasta that to everyone of you facefag friends and you'll be the most popular cat around. 
besides that brain mincing entertainment, these "social" (what the fuck, seriously) sites offer us the chance to see what these people that we really like have been doin these days. Example, big noting, I FUCKING HATE CUNTS THAT BIG NOTE, here is how it rolls socially in the new world.
You have to have mad dog pictures of you travelling all over the world, show them to everyone, there is no such thing as privacy anymore, also, put pics up that will encourage a response, fish for compliments, like
"here I am in america, just before I go to canada"
try and aim for a response like this, bonus points if you haven't seen that person for more than 5 years.
"oh wow, you look great now, I hope you had heaps of fun on your trip, we should catch up soon"
Also, take pride in the fact that your friends will be envious of your awesome life documented and shown to everyone, cause with the profile pic partying in some awesome environment, the general consensus is that's how your life is all the time, nevermind that you probably posted those items from your desk at work. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lmao, that's so bloody true.

Anonymous said...

Wait, its good for finding underage girls!

-reece

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha mark, you dont realise that this draws mega amounts of paralell's with getting pissed at a club...

Them: Hey Timmy, how are ya haven't seen you in fucking ages.
Me: Yeah not bad, whats been doing?
Them:Just working mate, same old. What about you?
Me: Yeah about the fucking same.
Them:Cool.
Me:...
Them:...
Me:...Cathcha im fucking off out of the leagues club because i cant get pissed and have the same fucking convo, with 20 cock'n'rolls from my school a bazillion times tonight.

Write some shit on clubs, and how gay they are, and gay fucking haircuts and shit.

I really love you man.

Anonymous said...

you have the facebook thing worked out too buddy. Good to see that some people can see the bull shit and realise, they probably did post it at work despite their happy go lucky portrail of them selves as care free travellers, they do need money and have to work in order to get it. Face book is gay. Whats wrong with having a beer face to face. Geez 200 friends go on you your social life must really be hectic!

Anonymous said...

Post more mate this shit is gold!